Saturday, January 2, 2010

Well, we want to wish all of you a Happy New Year, it came in with a bang here in Spain. They set off firecrackers and fireworks to bring in the New Year. Some of the people started a lot earlier, because we have been hearing firecrackers go off for a week now, but on the 31st of December there were definitely more of them and several more when the clock turned to 12:00. We didn't go out and chose to stay home, but the noise kept us awake.
The bad thing was the poor dogs in the neighborhood. Every time one of the big firecrackers would go off the dogs would stat to bark.
It must have really hurt their ears.
We did get some pictures from Sister Mellor that were taken at the Mission Home on Christmas that I thought that I would share with you. We had a traditional Christmas dinner with turkey, dressing, yams, mashed potatoes and gravy and tossed salad. We happened to be at the head of the table this time. These missionaries were a great group to eat with and they left shortly after singing a few Christmas carols so they could be back to call their families. While we were waiting for the dinner to begin we finished a puzzle and of course I had to help, I miss putting puzzles together. I didn't put it altogether myself, the elders also helped, but Sister Mellor took my picture.
This week started out really warm. When I walked down to the post office, I got really hot and wished that I hadn't worn my sweater. On Tuesday it started out about the same, but later on during the day it started raining again and rained for the rest of the week. Saturday was a very sunny day and we walked over to the church for our district meeting. But it suppose to rain again maybe tomorrow but definitely on Monday and that is the day we wanted to go see the lights in Malaga.
We did go into the office on New Year's Day but didn't stay the whole day because the internet wasn't up and they were having trouble with the computers.
We hope that all of you will have a prosperous and happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. How did we happen to talk? We must have connected at the right time, or the internet connection failed after we talked.